Monday 12 July 2010

What did you wear for tea last night?

Well, I done a Drexa.

Drexa: “Lacking inspiration for styling oneself, one resorts to doing a ‘Drexa’; dressing oneself in the style of Alexa Chung.”

This term was one of the many determioned as we played our first game of ‘Frabble’; similar to Scrabble, you are not allowed to use real words, only words you have made up yourself. They must be spelt semi-sensibly and your description must be approved by the rest of your players.

So anyway, I have my leg in plaster cast up to the knee at the moment, so I am doing my best to utilise all the shorts in my wardrobe. Not enough. Whilst ever envious of af0rementioned Chungs’ endless pins, I found some vintage Levis cut off shorts for £25 on ebay, pretty good as they’re selling similar on the Levis website for around £75. Wore with a sheer black bib fronted shirt purchased from Rokit, the London store long ago, has become a much loved item. Was also excited to sport new Agent Provocateur pink and black bra, purchased that day. God bless the sales!(Sign up to the AP mailing list, you get exclusive dibs on when the sales starts and promo evenings etc)

Finally, I teamed my Drexa look with my new, love of my life, Kurt Geiger boots (just on the left foot obv). After surviving a lengthy panic attack on the day Kurt Geiger when into sale and the website crashed, I gritted my teeth, persevered, and after months of perving over them, the Saturn boots are mine. Tiny slight heel, tassles (don’t be scared) on the side zip, and distressed but not in a scary Dolce & Gabbana ripped jeans kindof way. And if I stop eating banana cheesecake and the like, maybe one day I may possess pins like Alexa.*sigh*….

No comments:

Post a Comment